Colorado mountain outdoor activities
The Rico Hotel's location in the majestic San Juan Mountains allows you to choose from any of a number of outdoor activities including river rafting, rock climbing, swimming, hiking, fishing, exploring ancient Native American ruins at Mesa Verde National Park and enjoying the multitude of arts and music festivals in nearby Telluride. The Town of Rico has beautiful surroundings, historical buildings, a live music venue and a small yet funky business core
ski - snow shoe - cross country
The Rico Hotel is located only 25 miles from the Telluride Ski Resort. Stay with us and enjoy up to 45% off Telluride lift tickets! Cross country skiers or snow shoers have the choice of thousands of acres of National Forest to explore and enjoy. Within a short distance from the historic Rico Hotel there is something for everyone to enjoy. Feel free to contact us with any questions. Below are some links to get you started in planning your vacation.
Links for Rico, Telluride, & the Region
- Telluride Outside - Fly fishing, 4x4 tours and bike tours.
- Telluride's Official Guide - Travel, Activities & More.
- Telluride Visitors' Guide - Find out what's happening in Telluride
- Mountain Limo - Serving the greater Telluride region.
- Telluride Express - Serving the greater Telluride region.
- San Juan Huts - Back country hut adventures.
- Accommodations in Telluride - Historic Telluride's leading provider of hand-picked boutique lodging in all price ranges.